Caring for the family is not an easy task, it is increasingly evident that our diet plays a huge part of our overall health. But how can you improve your family’s eating habits? Here are some tips to get your family into the habit of better eating habits.
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast. It refuels the body and provides energy for the day.
- Let kids help plan and prepare 1 meal each week.
- Eat together as a family as often as possible.
- Take time eating, and chew slowly. It takes 20 minutes for the brain to tell the body that you are full.
- Eat more vegetables and fresh fruits. Aim for a total of 2 cups of fruit and 2 1/2 cups of vegetables each day.
- Eat more whole grains. Examples include oats, brown rice, rye, and whole-wheat pasta. Try to eat at least 3 ounces of whole grains each day.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Choose water, low-fat or nonfat milk, and low-calorie beverages.
- Serve a variety of foods.
- Serve food in small portions
Get into the healthy eating movement with Verita, the Food and Beverage sale is now on at the Verita Store. Check out quality organic ingredients from brands like Nutra Organics and Mitoku, or support your family’s health with daily supplements from Solgar. If you’re a health buff in need of a high protein snack between meals, Slim Secrets offers delicious protein bars that does not compromise on taste. Explore all the awesome deals at the Verita Store today!